Last reviewed 25/09/2018
This Privacy Statement sets out how we handle and use personal data collected on the website.
This is the privacy statement of Snowbow Productions 2000 ltd., 145 The Promenade, Peacehaven, East Sussex, UK. BN10 7HN In this document ”our” and “we” refer to Snowbow Productions 2000 ltd. and ”you” and ”your” refers to you our customer or user of this website www.snowbow.co.uk or any of its subdomains.
What data we collect
While you visit our site, we will collect your data in the following ways: –
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and to send you the order!
- When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:-
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraud.
- Set up your account for our store.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Improve our store offerings.
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them.
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
- We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address, billing and shipping addresses.
- We may automatically collect usage data when you use our website. Data such as your IP address, time, date, duration of your visit and the way in which you use the site, which are all used to make improvements to the performance of the site.
Our use of your data
The data gathered above will be used to provide you with the best possible service from our website. In particular: –
- Internal record keeping to enable us to provide you with goods and services that you have purchased through the website.
- Upon your request (via opt in by ticking a relevant box or applying via an enrolment form) that you wish to be added to our mailing list, we will use your data to provide you with company news and offers that may be of interest to you.
- If you do not wish to continue to receive our marketing material you may withdraw your consent at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
- At any time you may ask us to remove your account from our website by requesting we close you account via the contact us page of the website. Upon receiving an account closure request we will remove any personal data from our records.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access: –
- Order information such as what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent.
- Customer information such as your name, email address, billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
We accept payments through Sagepay. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Sagepay, including information required to process or support the payment, such as your payment card details, the purchase total and billing information.
Keeping your data secure
We will keep your data secure at all times in the following ways: –
- Account access is via username with a secure password that is only known to you.
- We use secure servers to hold your data.
- Credit and debit card payments are processed through Sagepay’s secure payment system. No payment card details are kept on our servers.
- If you suspect that there has been data misuse or data breech, please let us know immediately using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need further information regarding online security please visit www.getsafeonline.org.
Inactive accounts will be deleted along with the personal data they hold after a period of 3 years of inactivity, or if an account closure request is received.
We will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
Links to other websites
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data stored in text files on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”).
Cookies collected on this site
The following cookies may be placed on your computer or device: –
|PHPSESSID||Session||When the browsing session ends||Used to identify the user’s session on the server.|
|viewed_cookie_policy||Persistent||1 year||Set to “yes” when the Cookie law info bar has been viewed and accepted|
|woocommerce_cart_hash||Session||When the browsing session ends||Keeps track of items in the shopping cart|
|woocommerce_items_in_cart||Session||When the browsing session ends||Keeps track of items in the shopping cart|
|wordpress_logged_in_XXX||Session||When the browsing session ends||Indicates the user is logged in for interface use|
|wordpress_sec_XXX||Session||When the browsing session ends||Controls WordPress access|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Session||When the browsing session ends||Tests whether cookies are enabled or not|
|wp_woocommerce_session_XXX||Persistent||2 days||Contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer.|
|wp-settings-time-X||Persistent||1 year||Customises view of admin interface|
|wp-settings-X||Persistant||1 Year||Customises view of admin interface|